Blogs > the jb show.

lazy vegetarians are everywhere. this is a collection of easy recipes and tips for dining out for vegetarians with little time or effort.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Vegetarian tourism.

Hanging out in Berkley for a conference on online journalism, I have already found this town to be extremely vegetarian friendly. Started with a great dinner at Herbivore - The Earthly Grill for some obvious reasons.
They have an all vegan menu with tons of fruit juices and smoothies and an extensive list of entrees and sandwiches that rivals any omnivorous restaurants, but way better because I can eat everything on the menu. This makes it hard to decide, since most places the vegetarian options consist of a small handful of choices and sometimes just a veggie burger that they thawed out just for me.
I got the taco appetizer which was great, then the potato-soy pie with mushroom gravy which was one of the best things I've eaten in a long, long time.
Also had the carrot-apple-ginger juice because fellow JRCer and award-winning blogger Kelly Metz had it and I couldn't resist.
Pretty amazing restaurant. Super-friendly staff. Cool looking building.
Now if only the vegan cinnamon bun place was open on Mondays....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Villas in pattaya said...

This is excellent. I have to try that potato-soy pie with mushroom gravy. Looks like I will also enjoy eating at Herbivore.

February 15, 2012 at 9:05 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home